After your braces have been removed your orthodontic treatment isn’t quite completed. It is very important to wear your retainers according to your doctors’ recommendations to preserve all your efforts and to avoid the teeth move back. The following instructions for the care and use of your retainers will help you to maintain your straight, beautiful smile.
– Wear your retainer at all times and removes it only when brushing and flossing your teeth unless your doctor gives you other instructions.
– Clean the retainer thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors.
– Do not boil the retainer to clean it, the appliance will melt or wrap if it gets hot. Do not wash it in dishwasher or the microwave, either.
– When it’s not in your mouth always keep retainers in its protective case.
– Keep retainers away from all animals-dogs, cats, etc. Animals like to eat retainers.
– Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to it faster. It is very important you try to keep the retainers in as much as possible during this period.
– If your retainer gets lost or broken or you believe it needs adjusting please contact us immediately. Do not try to adjust it yourself!
– Remove your retainers for sports, swimming, singing etc. Always remember to replace them as soon as you are finished the activity.
– Do not flip the retainer with your tongue. This could damage your teeth.
– Always bring your retainer to your appointments.